Maps-Augusta National Golf Club

Made this map of the Augusta National Golf Club as a farewell gift for a colleague’s retirement party.

Each color is a separate card stock layer, representing water, sand and putting greens, all aligned and stacked up. The streets are cut from 3mm Baltic birch plywood. Framed size is 20x14 inches.

The engraved hole legend to the right is darker than it appears in the images. A higher power setting was burning thru the cardstock.

55 Likes

Very nice. Handy to have if you are watching it on TV. You could make a lot more sense of it.

4 Likes

Wow just wow!! Truly incredible.

I think it would be awesome if you added a name plate to the bottom of the frame

How long did it take to create this map?

5 Likes

What a fantastic gift!

3 Likes

Thank you, I will be adding a plaque behind with the signatures from all officemates. Right now we are still working from home so will have to figure out how to do it. The design it self took ~ 5 hours. The print took ~3 hours.

4 Likes

I asked my colleague what his intentions were after retirement to get some ideas for his gift. He is an avid golfer and said his dream course was Augusta. Don’t play golf myself, but from what I gathered of the history while making this map was that, an invitation to play there was similar to winning the Nobel prize.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea and turned out so well!!

7 Likes

Have them sign a blank sheet of paper, take a photo and send it to you. Then you can run it through an image trace and engrave them on it just like they signed it.

8 Likes

Astoundingly good! He will love this!

3 Likes

Great looking map! Terrific work!

3 Likes

Yes, that should work. Thanks!

1 Like

I hope so :smile: .

1 Like

This turned out really nice! It will be a hit.

5 Likes

This is so intricate! Great work.

3 Likes

That is incredible. We won passes to the ? 2020 ? Masters. I swear it is all running together now. Of course that was cancelled. Smaller crowd this years but I think we automatically get them for 2022??? My husband has been a few times for practice rounds and is looking forward to returning.

8 Likes

Lucky you!
Making the map has perked my interest in learning Golf. :laughing:

2 Likes

and @Yogi_Bear This is such a good idea! I remember doing something like this when I worked as a graphic designer. What I learned was: Have them send you a sheet of paper (cellulose or electronic) that they’ve signed several times, with different pen weights. Then you, the designer, get to decide which one best suits your needs. Scan, tweak, engrave.

5 Likes

Thanks, yes I am trying it out.

2 Likes

I would seriously love to buy one from you, and give it to my father.

1 Like

Augusta Nat’l is a client of mine - such a beautiful place and such a beautiful gift.

2 Likes