Marble Cutting Board Settings

Hi everyone, I bought a few marble cutting boards from Ross and have been playing with some settings on the one that broke on its way home. I couldn’t decide which one should be a tester, so I guess it decided for me. Anyway, I couldn’t find too much on Marble settings so I thought I’d share what has worked so far. Here’s the settings I best like so far. I used a butterfly from the Dashboard for the test image.
Thick Cherry Plywood-Speed 250-Full Power-LPI 270-1 Pass - Auto Height

11 Likes

17 Likes

Looks good.

2 Likes

Looks great. Thanks for sharing. I bought some marble coasters I haven’t had a chance to use yet so this is helpful.

2 Likes

Nice. BTW, you can do multiple passes, I think I remember 9 passes to get this depth in Travertine.

The dust tends to fuse in the edges and corners so you have to physically scrape it out between passes - and ensure the work doesn’t move! I used magnets on the bed against its edges to “pin” it in place.
Exploring materials was the most fun I’ve had in years. :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Great info! Thanks for the tip! Marble is the new slate!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip about the dust fusing in the tight spots, I wouldn’t have thought about that. Then again, I wouldn’t have though about doing 9 passes on travertine, but that depth is great!

3 Likes

I was surprised I could “incise” the stone like that! Just exploring, “I wonder what happens if I run it again…?”
BTW, it’s for a table setting place marker - not a tombstone! :grin: