Mario stamps

Created a set of stamps recently, based on the idea of creating your own Mario themed coloring page. So a few building blocks, a few characters. I did forget to reverse the design when cut, so the actual stamp would come out the way it was planned, but mostly this doesn’t matter.

They work pretty well, certainly well enough for my kids, who aren’t too critical.

First time trying to create stamps, so learned a bit on that. I used silicone based rubber, per my research this doesn’t have the dangerous fumes of some rubber material.

Good times!

!

IMG_4879|500x500 ![IMG_4878|500x500]

(upload://jAmWgW9aluPla38DXsX5v4myV9L.jpeg)

72 Likes

Awesome! I’ll bet the kiddos love it! :grinning:

4 Likes

Great work. Stamps are tricky to get right, and the cleanup… oof.

3 Likes

Love these! So cute :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Most excellent! Fun stuff!

3 Likes

Right? I didn’t expect all the powder left over from the process. Thanks.

3 Likes

My daughter does, so that’s a win.

3 Likes

Oh wow, what a cool project! You did a great job on it. I’m always interested in stamps. :rofl:

5 Likes

This is great. Love that you can reuse and create different combinations each time. Nicely done.

4 Likes

Nice

2 Likes

They turned out great! My 4 year old grandson was saying … "Super Mario"this morning. Someone must have been introduced recently.

3 Likes

Ah, that’s fun!

2 Likes

Love these. Where did you find your stamping material and what settings did you use?

Pro tip: Post the settings in Beyond The Manual and link to them here, to avoid having the whole thread moved there. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pro-er tip: Search the forum first. “rubber settings” and “stamp settings” will get you where you want to be without asking someone else to spend the time getting into it yet again.

Oh and pro-er PRO-ER tip: search for “stamp source” or “rubber source”. It’s been covered.

3 Likes

May I ask how thick was the Rubber in mm and is it called “Silicone Rubber sheet” or does it have a name that can search for online. thanks in advance… p.s. I just use Linoleum for now.

I grabbed one off Amazon that was simply listed as ‘silicone sheet’ in a .125" thickness. Cost was under ~$10 for a 6x36" orange sheet.

1 Like

Hi I just got my gf yesterday. where did you find the silicone based rubber? thanks

Not an affiliate link

1 Like