Mark Cuban's new online pharmacy

Just on the off chance someone here could use it and hadn’t seen the info yet, I thought I’d share this. It aint perfect, and the prescriptions currently available are limited, but it’s a start at least. There are some huge (huge) savings on some drugs.

11 Likes

Pharmacychecker.com will hook you up with some good Canadian pharmacies that will ship to the US. (And others around the world, but we’re most comfortable with CA & UK pharmacy regulations so that’s what we use.)

6 Likes

My poor dog needs a $300 inhaler. I have been getting it from a Canadian pharmacy for a mere $110 but ordering is a pain in the butt… you have to pay by ACH and you don’t get trackable shipping, AND the product comes usually from New Zealand. Sadly Cuban’s new pharmacy doesn’t have this med yet, but I am definitely keeping an eye on it.

2 Likes

At this point that is a big issue for those on Medicare. Regular price may be a thousand and it was “free” but now is $100 and “real” price in the world may be $300 but that is no real help.

For a long time, I ran on doctor’s “samples” that were the cost of a doctor’s visit, and with any medical issue, you could not get hired by a job that had insurance as it often cost them more than your salary to include you.

1 Like

You probably have already tried, but have you checked Costco? I get all my dog meds there and can’t find them any cheaper. Costco told me they operate on a similar low/no profit model for their meds since they make it back three-fold by getting shoppers in the door. For one, I pay 1/2 what my vet would charge.

2 Likes

It’s actually $443 at Costco, ouch! I forget where I found it for ~$300 but it’s moot since I’m ordering from out of the country now.

(Thanks to the link @jamesdhatch posted I found some other options that are even cheaper than the $110 I have been paying, yay!)

3 Likes

I had a patient (in Washington State) who drove his RV to Mexico every few months to fill all his cardiac med prescriptions, because the entire cost of the trip and meds was so much cheaper than getting them (with insurance) in the US.

4 Likes

My sister needed gall bladder surgery and flying to Thailand, a week in a top hotel, and what she described as a first-class hospital was all nearly half of the cost of having it done in town

1 Like

I used to hop into Mexico whenever I had a business trip in San Diego. I’d get Z-pacs or amoxicillin to take home. I had 4 kids and knew what a sinus or ear infection presented as. They’d be feeling better before I could have gotten a doctor’s appointment so we could get a prescription for something we knew going in was needed.

It was before Minute Clinics at CVS so not sure I’d do it today, but it saved us a fortune while they were growing up.

4 Likes

Would love to know how you get your dog to take an inhaler… Ok Fido, deep breath and hold it in for 10 seconds :rofl:

4 Likes

There’s a gadget.

2 Likes

I wonder if the inhaler has a squirrel scent to keep them interested?

5 Likes

It should… you have to train them to tolerate it. We did that by putting treats in the mask, not so different.

5 Likes

I laughed way too much at this. I never would have guessed.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.