Marketing suggestion for the Glowforge team

Oh that is definitely the case. They have no one to blame but themselves for the resultant fallout. But it’s also crystal clear that their communication style and substance absolutely will not change.

1 Like

I have never in my life before bought something where the seller flatly refused to tell me when they can deliver. I have obviously had things be late and been strung along but never “we are not going to tell you”.

If it wasn’t for the spreadsheet we would be completely in the dark.

4 Likes

An August update would be useful. The delay in getting an update leads me to think it will only be bad… Why delay good news?

4 Likes

If it wasn’t for the spreadsheet, there might have been a mob of people in open revolt.

3 Likes

spreadsheet?

2 Likes

I make it 83 days since “shipping” was announced and the spread sheet says 83 days to Oct 31, so we are half way through the time for all the 30 day campaign orders but only about half way through the first day orders.

Does anybody think there won’t be another delay?

3 Likes

hard to say, i mean, i’m still holding out hope that the august update was just waiting until pros started being delivered to go.

I think it’s coming soon…

4 Likes

Apparently being reviewed by the same little old lady assembling our glowforges.

3 Likes

i misread this as “little old lady bug” at first, for some reason, and now i like the idea of a swarm of robotic insects manning a manufacturing line.

8 Likes

If I could accurately predict how the Universe would unfold, this boy would be better off financially! That would be a valuable talent. Glowforge guessed, and they were mistaken - a few times. I am not surprised.

5 Likes

I like it, clean, simple, eye catching call to action. Well done.

1 Like

Why does the August update need to be reviewed? Spell check it, sure, but the more marketing spin it needs the less transparent it feels.

Every company has its bureaucracy. It might be marketing, sure. It may also be standards, legalese, or any other of a host of hoops to jump through. Humans are second only to Vogons for their ability to self-impose bureaucratic nonsense.

4 Likes

At least our poetry is mildly better.

3 Likes

wait, what? What about Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Sussex?

Vogon poetry is, of course, the third worst in the universe.
The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their poet master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem “Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning”, four of the audience members died of internal hemorrhaging and the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived only by gnawing one of his own legs off.
Grunthos was reported to have been “disappointed” by the poem’s reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his 12-book epic entitled “My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles” when his own large intestine - in a desperate attempt to save life itself - leapt straight up through his neck and throttled his brain.
The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Sussex, in the destruction of the planet Earth. Vogon poetry is mild by comparison.

11 Likes

Back in my younger, more carefree days, the greeting on my answering machine used to be:

“Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
On a lurgid bee”

Confused the hell out of anyone who called. I recorded it off of the audiobook version read by Douglas Adams.

8 Likes

Looks like the full TV series (1981) is available online

8 Likes