Marking pen holder

Used up some of the large-ish sized scraps of PG walnut and frosted acrylic to make a holder for my increasing supply of markers. Engraved the individual types above the rows of holes. I measured each type of marker to make the holes the correct size. Had one hiccup though…in that the caps of one group of pens had a small protrusion that I didn’t expect, so had to do a workaround getting the pens through the holes.

I used my old standby favorite, embossing powder on the engraved letters. Couldn’t really cover the inner part of the engraving with the adhesive, so only part of the powder got in…looks sort of sparkly!

Organization, baby…organization!

113 Likes

You just get better and better. Well done.

7 Likes

WOW! That is beautiful! As a fellow pen lover, I think I need to follow in your footsteps. Impressive.

7 Likes

This is fantastic! A horizontal pen holder is on my list but now I am wondering if a vertical one is too. :thinking:

3 Likes

How thick is the acrylic?

2 Likes

I’ve had that fun with embossing powders and engraves. I pretty much destroyed one pen tip filling the engrave area, but it looked nice. This looks good, too.

4 Likes

That’s very clever to use acrylic and wood. Makes it stand out well! Very nice. You do have a way of making things look great!

5 Likes

Oh very nice! And I love the signature touch of bling! :grinning:

6 Likes

Well done. The colors are a nice addition.

3 Likes

Really sharp looking and love the touch of color and awesome swoosh. Fun!

4 Likes

Love it! Especially the “Markers” label–it just looks great against that wood, and the way you blended the color is awesome!

4 Likes

I like it! My wife needs something like this.:):smiley:

4 Likes

1/8"

3 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart:Ooooo sparkley. Love the label you made…I need something like this for my color sharpie collection!!

5 Likes

Thanks! Haven’t see you much lately. Hope all is well with you.

5 Likes

I love this design. How are the pieces held together?

3 Likes

This a very functional and decorative piece, but what is embossing powder?

5 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh … this is fabulous! Great job!

5 Likes

Thank you. Glue. And, don’t look too closely…I’m not very good at it, yet. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes