Marking Slate?

Looks fantastic! Enjoy the evening! :wink:

3 Likes

Itā€™s the lighting, but youā€™ve given me an idea for next timeā€¦ :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Quit messing around on the forum and go throw some rose petals on the bed! Light a few candles! :smile:

(Chicks dig that romantic stuff.)

12 Likes

You didnā€™t hear ā€œHoney why is there a hole in the garage?ā€

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!!

2 Likes

Congratulations to you both! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Oh, and thanks for the slate numbers, got a pile of it waiting.

2 Likes

Glad to help, but those might change at any time. Part of my startup time yesterday was waiting for my unit to update, btw.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Just ran a testā€¦

Looks like 50% power is close to the sweet spot on this slate, 80% was leaving little dark globules of glassy melt.

26 Likes

Beautiful! Canā€™t wait to play!
Its great seeing all of the awesome things that the PRU users are coming up with and the incredible info that is shared!!

1 Like

OMG! Fabulous workā€¦ I am so excited to try this.

Note to self: add slate to the never ending pile of materials to buy and try

3 Likes

No noā€¦ Itā€™s trueā€¦
10 years is tin
20 years is China
30 years is pearl
and
34 years is ā€œThe Laser Anniversary.ā€ Look it up! :wink:

7 Likes

Heck, I wouldnā€™t want to have to wait that long to get my laserā€¦chuckle! (Iā€™m patient, but thatā€™s really pushing itā€¦)

(and donā€™t tell hubsā€¦he might make me send it backā€¦) :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Hi, Sorry to be a noob about this, but what does the first number indicate? Is that the lpi? Iā€™m assuming the second and third number is speed and power respectively? Iā€™m hoping to try some slate tomorrow.

Thank you!

Donā€™t try those settings, there was a change in scale after those were listed (That was on a PRU.)

https://community.glowforge.com/t/settings-for-engraving-on-slate/10034?u=jules&source_topic_id=6983
1 Like

No need for apologies, Iā€™m a noob too! This is the best place for us to ask questions. Lots of helpful people here!

2 Likes