Marvin the Martian Pendant

I’m really proud of this one. This is 2 colour blush silver / black acylic set in a cochobon blank.

Marvin the Martian is my favourite!

39 Likes

Is he cute, or what?!!!

4 Likes

Darling! :grinning:

2 Likes

What does this mean? I have heard of a cabachon, but not a cochobon. I thought I was pretty versed in these terms.

1 Like

Spelling error for me. I’m not a jewelry maker so not well versed at all in these terms. I think its maybe “cachobon”

1 Like

Could it be cabachon? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabochon

Marvin’s ok, even if he did steal my space modulator.

(Pendant looks great!)

5 Likes

Yes that’s it except I used the finding and put the acrylic in where the cacochon would normally be placed

There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM.

I’m a big Marvin fan. Even have couple of autographed sericells from the original cartoon.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I have a decent size of collectables but no autographs…yet

Here’s one. It’s about 14" diagonally. There’s a background layer, and then a separate transparent layer for each of the characters. Hand drawn and painted. The modern-day computer generated cartoons just don’t have the “soul” of these originals…

4 Likes

So beautiful! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So fun. Marvin is fantastic!

2 Likes

I think we all knew what she meant.

I haven’t. But I’ve heard of cabochons. :wink:

Nice pendant, @cindyhodesigns! I really want to try the two-color acrylics; haven’t thought up a worthy project yet, though.

5 Likes

So cool!

Nope. it’s cabOchon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Also not ashamed to admit that my machine is actually named after said modulator

9 Likes

Okay, you just earned 100 extra popularity points with me! <3

3 Likes

Oh, come on. There was a photograph–you knew exactly what she meant. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I love your pendant! It’s adorable.

1 Like