Mask-erading - as a Korok

My daughters all inherited my love of Halloween. Even now, in their 30’s, Halloween costumes are planned well in advance and can get amazingly elaborate!

Apparently, my Glowforge has expanded the creativity level for my youngest daughter who designed this pretty incredible Korok mask.

Made with felt and foam, I think she did an excellent job on her first Glowforge project.

37 Likes

Pretty!

2 Likes

What a lovely first project!

2 Likes

I don’t know what a korok is, but it looks pretty cool! It would be fun to see it in use, not sure which of those holes are for the eyes.

4 Likes

I, too, am ignorant but impressed!

3 Likes

Nice work! My 7th grader is taking a class at school where they are learning to design for 3d printing and laser cutting. I’m hoping she’ll be able to teach me some stuff eventually :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ditto @cynd11! Looks great - now have to google Korok!

2 Likes

A Korok is a Pokémon. Weirdly, those tiny black dots are the eye holes. I, too, am looking forward to seeing the entire costume.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I’m muddling along, figuring things out as I go. The learning curve has been very steep at times! I think it’s fabulous that they are teaching this in school.

2 Likes

Boy, you can say that again :slight_smile: The payoff is totally worth it though!

2 Likes

Right? This machine is amazing.

2 Likes

I was curious if that was how it was designed to fit. Thanks for clarifying. I’d love to see it on for perspective when you get a chance.

1 Like

I will try to get a picture from her and post it.

Not a pokemon. It is a character from the game Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

6 Likes

I stand corrected! Thank you. Since my kids and grandkids are all obsessed with Pokémon, I just assumed… LOL

2 Likes

Oops! Not a Pokémon! It’s a character from Zelda.

1 Like

Looks great, so bright!

2 Likes

A korok isn’t a pokemon! It’s a character from Legend of Zelda games

What kind of foam did you use for cutting?

Just 2 mm EVA, I think. My daughter made it. I just hovered nearby to make sure she didn’t blow up my Glowforge! LOL

1 Like