Masking tape tricks

I made another tips and tricks video, this one covers a few different types of masking tape tricks to help remove it, add it, and I threw in a few bonus tips too. Hopefully it helps someone out. If your an expert you might know most of them but if your just starting out they are handy to know.

31 Likes

Great tips thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I try to share and give back as much as I can.

3 Likes

I really gotta pick up some of those plastic razor blades, it just never occurs to me while I’m shopping!

4 Likes

They work well with the handle tool

2 Likes

I am officially naming you an ambassador for Glowforge.

Your videos are ALWAYS so helpful!!

3 Likes

Lol thanks. I am glad they help.

1 Like

Stop – right – now — go buy those plastic razor blades. You will be so glad you did. My whole family (all adults) have decided they are the best thing next to Josh’s videos. :wink: Seriously we have I think 4 razor blade holders (2 blue and 2 yellow). I have one in the kitchen, one in the tech room, and I apparently can’t count…3 in the GF room! They are great paired with a bottle of UNDU that removes stickers off of items, and you can reuse those stickers afterwards because they will re-stick again. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes the plastic razor blades are great but I came across the Cricut “spatula “ Scraper and Spatula Set | Cricut Shop
about the same time I acquired my Glowforge. It works the same as the razor only it doesn’t wear out. Now if I could only remember where I put mine.

4 Likes

:rofl:

The Cricut has a storage tray inside the front door, that’s where I keep my vinyl-related tools including the spatula. The Cricut is harder to misplace than the tools!

Of course, if you don’t have a Cricut, that doesn’t help, but I keep my most often needed tools and glues on the side panels of the GF. It’s a mess but it works. I made little boxes (from cardboard) to hold things like plastic and regular razor blades, hold-down pins, etc.

5 Likes

Also a pan scraper from the dollar store works just fine and lasts forever.
I have also used the freebie plastic gift cards, just don’t laser them because they are PVC.

1 Like

I saw the plastic razor blades just the other day and wondered if they would do masking

2 Likes

I bought 100 for $7 back when I got my machine, I think I’ve used 2, :rofl:

4 Likes

because you’re so gentle or because you don’t use them? i haven’t killed my 100 yet, but i’ve made a dent in them.

4 Likes

Combination of both I guess. I use far more unmasked material than masked or PG.

1 Like

generally, i do too. and a lot i just peel a corner off w/my thumb and pull. but every once in a while, the plastic blade is just the right too.

Indeed it is. I keep a small box on the side by the button with an assortment of hold-down pins, my focus height tool, and a couple of the blades in it.

Same here they last a long time

I’ve chewed through my share but for scraping stickers(decorative or corp tracking) off of business phones I’m refurbing.

Also took a bunch to the hospital I work at in sterile processing. We also clean the IV pumps and the amount of stickers our nurses love tagging the machines with….they have giant screens with the meds listed right there!!

2 Likes

I swear by them and if I can’t find one I start to panic! I ordered mine from Amazon…link below :point_down:Plastic Razor Blade Scraper

2 Likes