Maslow 4 kickstarting until 8/31/2023

If only I had the space…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maslow4/maslow4-affordable-compact-large-format-cnc-router

Quite an update from the first version. 0.5mm precision, pretty impressive.

13 Likes

Looks pretty cool. Now I wish I could get one lol

6 Likes

I can totally see @evansd2 making giant creatures out of full sheets of plywood.

9 Likes

Well I hadn’t thought of that. You are officially killing me.

I already don’t have room for the vast majority of my creatures, making an 8’ diameter version wouldn’t help things. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

A creature you could step inside of would be pretty wonderful.

8 Likes

You can go pretty big with the glowforge as it stands…

3 Likes

Definitely. I backed it as an accessory for my 4x3 CNC. I can tile longer (4 by X) but this will be good for some of my furniture & cabinet projects.

4 Likes

I thought this might be the time I get a Maslow. Then I started to think about what projects I need it for and how much plywood is (then realized that proofgrade is a much as 4x8 plywood!). Convinced myself that if I made as many things with the Maslow as my glowforge, I wouldn’t have nearly enogh space. I barley have room for the glowforge projects.

6 Likes

Trying so hard to justify…

5 Likes

Combine it with the latest Easel addition that creates the file needed for cabinets (upper or lower) and you can build custom cabinets :grinning:

3 Likes

I thought, “Hmmmm, I should build a shop so I can get one of these.” Then I thought, “I need to get one of these so I can build a shop.”

4 Likes

Wow, I wish I could get one! I feel completely in over my head just looking at it, but something that would be incredible to learn. So many ideas.

2 Likes

Less than 18 hours left to back it.

They’ve got 1456 backers which according to the update video they just released is a “sweet spot” in backers - enough to get it built but not so many that the Kickstarter gets unwieldy. They’re about 4X their goal (the minimum needed to build) so looks like a solid project with little risk. Now I just have to figure out where I’m going to put it :smiley:

4 Likes

I am in. That is hard to resist. I have wanted a CNC for a while now and this one sounds perfect.

4 Likes

You’re not helping…

4 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.