I’m going to make this topic a wiki. This way we can share vendors that sell material locally.
- P&K Custom Acrylics - Sells scraps/cutoffs
https://pkcustomacrylics.com/ - 40 Faulkner Street, Malden, MA
- Altec Plastics - Has a retail operation for small quantities.
https://altecplastics.com/ - 116 B St, Boston, MA 02127 (N.B. hours are 8a-4p M-F)
- Industrial Plastic - No website. 9 presidential way, woburn ma, 781-938-6600
has a ton of scrap, and they are quite reasonable.
- Rockler, store locations by state: http://www.rockler.com/retail/stores
- Boulter Plywood, Somerville: http://boulterplywood.com/ - nice cabinet-grade ply.
- Woodcraft of Boston, Woburn, 185 New Boston St, Woburn, MA 01801, (781) 935-6414 A bit pricey and selection is iffy, but they have some thin boards, as well as pen blanks (wood & acrylic), plus tons of stains and other finishes.
- Tandy Leather, 73 Princeton St. #10, North Chelmsford, MA 01863, 978-275-0596
- IKEA (good for cutting boards, coasters, spoons, etc.) store locator: https://info.ikea-usa.com/StoreLocator/StoreLocator.aspx
- Artisan’s Asylum: https://artisansasylum.com/ - huge makerspace in Somerville. Also maintains a wiki with very similar information about material sources.
- Lowell Makes: http://lowellmakes.com/ - makerspace in Lowell. Has a GF and a Full Spectrum. Members get discounts to some local places, like Tandy and Woodcraft