I’m going to make this topic a wiki. This way we can share vendors that sell material locally.
- P&K Custom Acrylics - Sells scraps/cutoffs
https://pkcustomacrylics.com/ - 40 Faulkner Street, Malden, MA
- Altec Plastics - Has a retail operation for small quantities.
https://altecplastics.com/ - 116 B St, Boston, MA 02127 (N.B. hours are 8a-4p M-F)
- Industrial Plastic - No website. 9 presidential way, woburn ma, 781-938-6600
has a ton of scrap, and they are quite reasonable. [Edited 9/19 - just called, they had no scrap. They may at other times, but they didn’t make it sound like something they deal with on the regular.]
- J. Freeman - https://www.jfreeman.com/ - 65 Tenean Street Dorchester, MA 02122
Lots of colors, but those require a full sheet buy. A TON of clear/white scrap in all shapes and sizes. They let us grab some smaller pieces from the trash for free. Very small selection of colored scrap… Good prices overall, but they charge by the Sq. ft, so not really a discount on scrap.
- Rockler, store locations by state: http://www.rockler.com/retail/stores
- Boulter Plywood, Somerville: http://boulterplywood.com/ - nice cabinet-grade ply.
- Woodcraft of Boston, Woburn, 185 New Boston St, Woburn, MA 01801, (781) 935-6414 A bit pricey and selection is iffy, but they have some thin boards, as well as pen blanks (wood & acrylic), plus tons of stains and other finishes.
- Tandy Leather, 73 Princeton St. #10, North Chelmsford, MA 01863, 978-275-0596
- IKEA (good for cutting boards, coasters, spoons, etc.) store locator: https://info.ikea-usa.com/StoreLocator/StoreLocator.aspx
- Artisan’s Asylum: https://artisansasylum.com/ - huge makerspace in Somerville. Also maintains a wiki with very similar information about material sources.
- Lowell Makes: http://lowellmakes.com/ - makerspace in Lowell. Has a GF and a Full Spectrum. Members get discounts to some local places, like Tandy and Woodcraft