May the 4th be with you! Star Wars Monopoly

No, I found those icons using a simple Google search. I cannot take credit for those. The houses and hotels were cut from clear and black acrylic 1/8 in proofgrade.

1 Like

How did you get the money cuts to line up 10X… was that difficult?

Love this so much, and totally agreed with you that so much of the satisfaction is creating/ having something unique, that can’t be found on any shelf. Love how much detail you’ve put into everything.

1 Like

Just centered the paper under the camera, and then make small moves with the UI. I didn’t really have any sheets that were bad, so maybe I was lucky. Now, there is a little room for error, so even though all the bills are the exact same size, they aren’t all exactly centered.

1 Like

UNREAL!!! This is over the top fantastic!

1 Like

Great job! excellent!

1 Like

Finished the bankers tray tonight.

Even added a little living hinge, as I hadn’t tried that yet.

19 Likes

OUTSTANDING! (The entire project of course… the bank is an excellent addition!)

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty cool! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Amazing! Great job

1 Like

The forge is strong with this one! :+1:

3 Likes

As a Star Wars fan i’m speechless. This is awesome!!! :+1:

1 Like

Update: Ordered the Chance and Community chest cards today from Moo.com with there semi-annual 25% sale. This has been sitting on my kitchen table for 3 months now, and had been trying to get someone to print a custom box for me. With copyright issues that has been a problem, so I went the generic route and bought a 25 pack of generic white shipping boxes from Uline, which I hate doing because my political beliefs that are polar opposite of the Uline family. But, we’ll keep those discussions on the DL.

My goal will be to eventually make a proper box using the pass-through slot, but in the meantime while that whole process gets sorted, I needed a way to store this game. The Uline box is the right size with a bit of extra width, so everything fits fine. If I ever make a wood box for this, I’d customize it so everything has a compartment, etc. For now, all I did was engrave the top of the box, and was the first thing that I have done using the pass through slot. Nothing fancy, but it’s a placeholder. I probably could have waited on thie personal board, but I had made the other fundraising board, and needed a way to transport that, so I’ll be able to ship stuff I make in these boxes as well. This project is now as complete as it’s going to get until I get the itch to make that custom box.

6 Likes

Box done.

1 Like

Your Monopoly game is amazing!

I borrowed your idea, and made some modifications to make a gift for my brother and sister-in-law. Due to time constraints, I used the regular monopoly chance and community chest words (with slight changes - like “credits” instead of dollar signs), and added clip art images to them. I printed them on card stock instead of using the glow forge. I used your place names, but also printed on card stock instead of cutting them on the glow forge.

For the board center, I used clip art I found on a clip art site, but was able to later track down the original artist: Derek Laufman (I’ve asked for a paypal or cash app info so I can pay him for them). https://www.dereklaufman.com/ I also designed connectors for the two halves of the board, to make it easier to keep together while playing. It’s smaller than yours, for travel. I left the paper in some places, because it provided cool highlights, then varnished the whole thing w/3 coats of lacquer after painting the properties and GO.

I should have lightened the highlights on Vader, so he’s have more contrast, but otherwise, I’m happy with the way it turned out! (Note: This is posted AuntieMame’s friend.)

11 Likes

Awesome. Love your take on the board. I hope you have fun playing too!

1 Like

@pubultrastar I have a question being new to the :glowforge: . I see in your FPS video you have little clips holding the board down. Are these the spring clasps I saw recently on here, and are they clipped into the crumb tray?

1 Like

#necrogame

This is without a doubt one of my favorites, and being May and all that :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Do you know why I don’t eat Wookiee jerky?

It’s a little Chewy.

5 Likes