Memorial for my cat Lois

We’re all pushovers here, aren’t we? :smile:

2 Likes

I now check the deck & sunroom before heading to bed & worry if one of them doesn’t show up for a day or more - especially when it’s cold. With the vortex I’d let them inside but my wife is smarter - lord knows what they’re carrying… definitely candidates for shots at the vet but they’re too skittish for us to get them there.

Our first pug got diabetes and we had to give him insulin shots twice a day for 3 years. People used to tell us we were nuts to do that for a dog. They just didn’t understand family.

5 Likes

<3

2 Likes

My husband’s great aunt has a sweet-as-can-be Siamese cat who requires an inhaler. I didn’t even know cats could use an inhaler!

1 Like

Yep. Nearly 3 years of subQ fluids for our cat Katie with chronic kidney disease, and folks thought we were nuts. They said there was no way they could do that, but I bet they could if they had to. You find a way to make it work.

2 Likes

As long as they have a decent quality of life I don’t put down a pet just because they require some extra care or cost. I understand people who can’t necessarily do that but we’re as much a part of their life as they are of ours so I feel like we owe them whatever we can do within reason as long as we’re not holding them on too long past when they’re suffering.

3 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Completely agree.

1 Like

A beautiful memorial. Sorry for your loss … Also yours @ChristyM . It is indeed a very difficult time.

3 Likes

carries them. Gyford makes .25 inch height ones. They were just purchased by Johnsons Plastics. I saw the small 1/4 inch ones at the NBM show in Phoenix on Friday (2/1)

1 Like

Amazon carries them as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Careful with the standoffs from amazon. I got a couple boxes, since they were cheap, and the manufacturing/build quality was pretty awful. Hollow, with barely two rows of thread for the cap to screw into, and a pressed-in base. Not comparable to the solid, deep-threaded designs from someplace like MBS. I will only use the amazon ones for small decorative elements, and would not trust them to hold up the weight of larger sign (they would probably be just fine with something like what @MichaelKoske posted above, but even then not somewhere where someone might try to climb/lean/hang on them.) Pity, the price was really right, and they looked solid in the photos.

2 Likes

And… bookmarked. THANKS!

Interesting. Haven’t looked at Johnson’s site for these recently. I’m guessing they’ll show up sooner or later. That’ll make shopping easier.

I swear I looked at every single item Amazon sells ( :wink: )and couldn’t find any that short. How did you search?!

I searched for “sign standoffs”.

Tons of them.

1 Like