Memorial Frame

Some friends asked me about making some kind of memorial for friends who had a full-term stillbirth.

Borrowing a phrase from a marble engrave here, I did a bit of a redesign to match some ideas they had. The general idea became a picture frame. Taking from past designs, I made for an engraved front, with an acrylic window. For accent, the picture would be slightly outlined in walnut veneer (which helps with securing the window, too).

Remove the masking for:

Glue the front and back together:

Adding the veneer, I believe before the acrylic. Shown with the back in place:

The acrylic window fit perfectly, of course. This frame is designed to give access to the photo by way of the back. I used my signature magnet clasps to hold the back in place. It has a little tab of ribbon for easy removal.

Since my friends provided a picture, I was able to make the whole piece complete.

31 Likes

Very nicely done, great job. I’m sure they were incredibly happy with the results

2 Likes

Started on number 2. Just remembered that this one requires pass through or cutting proofgrade in half.

1 Like

:frowning: for the reason, but you did a beautiful job memorializing her

2 Likes

You did a beautiful job - and it must be so heart breaking.

2 Likes

It was a rough reason to do a job. I’m glad, though, with how it came out.

2 Likes

:broken_heart:

2 Likes

You did a beautiful job. I’m saddened by their loss. My prayers for their family.

2 Likes