Memorial Plaque photo(s) engrave on wood with acrylic cutouts

A lady that my sister works with ordered a memorial plaque from me in remembrance of her daughters father to give to her daughter for a Christmas present. She messaged me 5 or 6 pictures to pick from, and told me that he liked Eagles, the American Flag, and that his favorite song was ‘Running against the wind’ by Bob Seger. After a lot of time trying to make the photos look good engraved (they were several years old and not the clearest), I came up with this…

(20 bill at the bottom used for scale, its a rather large piece)

25 Likes

May i ask what are your settings for the photos? Im having problems with photos its engraving too deep and dark.

1 Like

Great Memorial

1 Like

Well, on these 2 i used the custom setting on 700 speed and full power, but adjusted the slider bar under that (the darkness value on the high and low side) to 7 on one side, and 90 on the other. Before i did that however, i took the photos into photoshop, and removed the back ground. Then grey scaled them and adjusted the contrast and the lighting levels to make them look much lighter. (I hope this is what you were asking)

Oh my, this is really a wonderful memorial plaque! The receiver will treasure it, I have no doubt.

1 Like

What a beautiful tribute. I especially like the way the eagle turned out. :grinning:

1 Like

That is terrific. the Daughter should really love it.

1 Like

Great job on the acrylic inlay too…that can’t have been easy!

1 Like