Memorial Plate

Made this for our Doc Marten’s ashes box. He was 17 years 2 months and 11 days old. Miss him so much, but glad I could use our glowforge and a piece of acrylic to make him something special. Quote is from Watership Down: “My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.”

49 Likes

You got me with that quote. I grew up reading and rereading Watership Down for years. I always came away with a new insight. May the black rabbit of Inlé watch over Doc Marten, for I’m sure he was brave and true, even if he is one of the thousand. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Awwww, sympathies to you.

7 Likes

Sorry about your buddy. Got a pic of him in better days?

5 Likes

This is a really nice memorial. Sorry for your loss.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words. My fiancé, James, read the book many times and is his favourite. He picked the quote, and it is most fitting.

3 Likes

Thank you so very much. He was such a good pet, and I knew he needed something special.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Thank you! :black_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the photos. :dog2: :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Your memorial is a beautiful tribute to your beloved pet. He looks like was a lot of fun to be around. :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! He was a hoot. He definitely was the king of our castle, as it is so quiet with out him.

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

"If there are no dogs in heaven, when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers

7 Likes

Sorry for your loss, this is a beautiful tribute :heart:

3 Likes

This is such a lovely quote! Thank you for sharing; I’d never heard it before!

1 Like

Thank you so very much.

1 Like

So special. Sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. It’s never easy.

3 Likes

Just beautiful. My sweet pup passed last month.

5 Likes

Thank you so much. It really is hard. I’m so depressed about it. We have a small business making pet accessories and I’d always make the samples of our pet tags and collars for Doc; he was our shop model and tester- so it’s been hard making things but not having him to be a part of the shop.

3 Likes