Memory card

A very good friend died quite suddenly this summer, and a few days later I read a touching quote in a book, and it seemed appropriate to make something on the Glowforge using the quote, in her memory…

I found a swallow svg on Etsy that I loved, but it was a very messy file once I detached it from the background, and I could never clean it up to my liking. So I used the Glowforge art, and have this more stylized swallow, which I’m happy enough with.

I made 2 of these, and am sending one to my friend’s daughter, the other I will keep. It is possible that I will make more of these, as other friends and family die (the somewhat grim outlook that comes with being in my 60’s), and if so, I will probably make a special box to keep them in. The size is about 3.5 x 4.75 inches.

35 Likes

That is a beautiful quote. Very nicely done.

4 Likes

Nicely done. I hope you don’t need to make very many of these.

4 Likes

Thank you! I was really struck by it when I read it…

2 Likes

Thank you, me too…

What a beautiful way to remember friends.

3 Likes

Very nice.
Sorry for your loss. My stage of life is similar. Not that long ago we were wishing to be of legal age. Then all our friends were graduating, getting married, having children, and then the frequency of funerals increases. Excellent use of your laser. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you…

1 Like

Yes, that’s the way of it, isn’t it? We’re so eager for life, and then, quickly, the time passes…

4 Likes

That’s lovely. I’m so sorry to hear about your friend, though.

3 Likes

This will be treasured. I’m sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

Thank you…I miss her, though with the coronavirus, I had not see her since February.

4 Likes

Thank you…

1 Like

It’s an especially difficult time for loss when you can’t be around the people you care about to grieve. We’ve had a few losses who either haven’t had funerals or have had very small affairs and I do feel awful to not be able to support friends and family in person.

7 Likes

Yes, that is difficult…these times are so difficult for any kind of thing that normally brings people together. I hope we will treasure the “together times” more when the pandemic is over.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss! A very nice quote and touching memory card. A less prefered use for the GF, but a good one, nonetheless.

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful memory card. I am sorry you lost your friend.

2 Likes

Please include a box of tissues. Her daughter is absolutely going to love it.

3 Likes

What a beautiful piece for remembrance.

2 Likes

Thank you…

1 Like