Metal Biz Cards and a few projects

People love the metal business cards I’ve been doing :slight_smile: The blue one is a thicker type card, think credit card sturdiness and the other a thinner “card”.

I have a good friend who is GM for quite a few stores in our region and during one of our lunch meetings I suggested to him to try some “key tag coupons”. I told him he would get an exact count of how many come back and not have the hassle of paper. People seem to love having a “cool looking” coupon and a few have asked if they could keep it! LOL
I just finished his 2nd batch of orders for his stores.

Wood for all the other projects are the 1/8" & 1/4" Hardwood Maple, which has been my favorite so far. But, I just received my order to try some of the other woods. I was disappointed to see that almost all my hardwood maple pieces are not flat and will bow in the middle where I cannot possibly ensure it is flat on the crumb tray. Any suggestions?

IMG_3548IMG_3658![IMG_3560|640x480]IMG_3499|353x500

IMG_3545

Oh, like the little house shaped ones! :grinning:

Where did you find the orange metal cards?

Put something heavy on top and let them acclimate.

I actually purchased these GOLD ANODIZED ALUMINUM BUSINESS CARDS on Amazon but in the interim found a website with lots of different colors and thicknesses–www.mymetalbusinesscards.com :slight_smile:
FYI–Out of 50, 46 of them engraved beautifully and the other 4 looked bad. I don’t think it was the GF but something with the finish/color of the actual card. Still, 4 wasn’t bad out of 50.

If you flip it over so that instead of the middle bowing up, the edges do, you can pin the edges down and that will flatten the whole piece.

I had all of them in a jig and the 4 were all in separate runs.

the theringlord.com has a large assortment and colors of metal like dog tags and business cards at a reasonable price