Metal Poetry Cards

I designed and engraved my first batch of metal poetry cards today. These are using the much thinner metal cards than my previous batch, these are thin enough to bend with your fingers. Nonetheless, they turned out great! At Speed 700, Power Full, this batch of 6 cards took a bit over 3 hours of laser time, with the backs taking twice as long as the fronts. I have 94 more to do, so I may look at a different design on the back that doesn’t take so long.

26 Likes

Beautifully done.

8 Likes

Fun idea! What do you do with them? Sell them? Give them to your favorite people?

9 Likes

Those are great. Did you add the colored coating yourself, or did the cards come that way?

8 Likes

These came with the colored coating applied already.

2 Likes

I sell my creative work at local art markets, and always trying out new things to see what people like.
In this picture you can see a bunch of different laser projects, including coasters, pins, pocket stones, metal cards and agate slices. These new poetry cards will be a nice addition.

13 Likes

Very nice! Good luck on sales!

4 Likes

Awesome! Good luck with selling these at your local art markets! I love the outfit you wear when selling as well! So cool.

4 Likes

Thanks! I call myself a “Laser Fractal Space Wizard”, the robe helps me look the part.

4 Likes

Very nice!

BTW, forum rules prohibit non-PG settings anywhere but he “Beyond the Manual” section. Would you like me to move this thread for you, or would you rather remove the settings?

3 Likes

Oh, I forgot about that. Feel free to move the thread.

3 Likes