Metric and Imperial Ruler (30 CM/300 MM/12" Inch ruler)

I’m in transition…

6 Likes

Yeah I get what you mean, I think on my next one I will put standard screw/nut sizes too

1 Like

The other useful thing is to make it out of clear acrylic and engraved (reverse image) from the bottom so you’re looking through it. That eliminates parallax in lining up your measurements.

7 Likes

You are on a roll lately…

1 Like

Yeah, I was, but just caught the news…balloon’s deflated. :neutral_face:

Just saw that too

1 Like

What news?

Office shooter in Virginia Beach. 12 dead. (so far)

1 Like

Number 150 mass shooting in the US so far this year(just said on the news). When the canaries in the coal mine start exploding one needs to ask what is different from when this was an almost unknown thing.

2 Likes

It’s a sad situation.

1 Like

Regards the OP i tossed this in a while back

Always nice to have another ruler–thanks for the design!

I’ll be forever in transition, or should I say of dual mind set… Only spent 20 yrs or so in metric land and 3x that in inch land, but school beats the centimeters in to you. The end result is that I am and expect to be permanently confused. I have cm/inch rulers by my laptop, by the :glowforge: and on my desk. Need one inserted in my brain… :rofl:
p.s. Same with Celsius and Fahrenheit although that is less intrusive - only when I talk to my sister.

5 Likes

Same here. I am 5’ 8", drive 100 miles per hour, design in mm for kerf and m3 nuts, but buy 8x6" frames. I’m aiming to lose a stone in weight now it is consistently 30c :smiley:

10 Likes

Ahhhh, never did get used to stones while living in the Uk for a few years. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

What program did you use to make the ruler?

1 Like

The file says Illustrator, so…

If you set Inkscape in a strong snap it is very easy to set the marks at what the snap is.

I did these

That’s funny right there now!

1 Like

I never caught that! :smile: