miBook?

Okee-doke. It seems to be engraving on both the white and the darker areas of the hedgie. (I just grabbed the first photo I had loaded, and it was a lousy one to test this on.)

hedgie

inversion

The larger hedgie in the center is rendered using the straight up MacBook settings.

The smaller hedgie to the right was rendered using the Dots method on a regular (uninverted) PNG.

The small hedgie to the left was the inverted photo, rendered using the Dots method.

Whatever they’re doing to it, looks like they’re applying some science* to it. (And it’s science that doesn’t translate well into use on slate.)

*(Magic, voodoo, whatever.) :smile:

5 Likes

Well, huh…

1 Like

That’s amazing. Thank you for the write-up.

1 Like

Awesome write up! I do not have a Mac Book, but have several iPad’s. I think my drone iPad is begging for a compass or aeronautical something on the back!

1 Like

Nice job on that man! Both the work and the write-up.
Yeah, the apprehension of a single possible run… :grimacing: I engraved a stack of 6 humidors for the groomsmen. Veneer with an unknown under it. Turned out great, but replacing one would have been a lot cheaper than a notebook.

1 Like

Awesome placement and time lapse! Hopefully Rio doesn’t get too confused when you’re using your MacBook. :slight_smile:

1 Like