Michaels Glitter foam

$1 a sheet, cuts like paper on the glowforge, foam backing (I am checking what the chemical composition is of the foam backing) if its laser-able it looks like a winner!

Store Link

(they had a ton of my non adhesive backed stuff)

6 Likes

Url is

https://www.michaels.com/9x12-peel-and-stick-glitter-foam-sheet-by-creatology/M10148530.html

2 Likes

You cut it before checking the SDS?

1 Like

did a test cut, small piece, but yea.

Jonathan

Living life on the edge! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

“the cutting edge” LITERALLY!!!

3 Likes

to be perfectly honest, foam core is safe to cut, this is foam core based, so the risk was minor at worst.
sometimes, you gotta lean in with your gut.

Jonathan

2 Likes

Yeah… although you see people out there saying they thought it was perfectly safe to use (fill-in-the-blank) material without realizing it contains (fill-in-the-blank, some dangerous material). lol

(We know what is generally safe, because we’ve been doing this a little while. But :roll_eyes: I’ve tried to gently guide someone, nicely, to say oh watch out for this, and at times am treated completely rude because they don’t want to believe something they want to do could be harmful.)
Sorry, just voicing some frustration here that had nothing to do with you. LOL

7 Likes

I agree, if i was a newbie I would be absolutely in the wrong throwing caution to the wind (well the exhaust fan) :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Whelp, there is always the green flame test to check for chlorine. But I’m pretty sure that I have seen lots and lots of posts about craft foam cutting, including the glittery kind.

I’ve made quite a few glittery foam stickers, and am not that worried about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Unsurprisingly, it is difficult to find an MSDS for craft supplies like scrapbook paper, craft felt, and foam sheet :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.