Micro House In Paper

Ohmygosh, the lanterns are genius! Love the whole piece, and now I want one like my house. :laughing:

5 Likes

I love this!! And I love those lanterns so much! :heart:

3 Likes

This is amazing. You have the patience of Job!

3 Likes

Love this!

4 Likes

Terrific house! Nice job, love the foldable parts idea! Going to have to check out that paper…

6 Likes

The laser is capable of fine details but my brain still thinks in dimensions driven by the capabilities of other tools. thanks for reminding me that i can think smaller.

7 Likes

I did find a limit with this. I feel like with the size of my fingers and my middle aged eyesight, I probably can’t go a whole lot smaller without some special tools and optics. :laughing:

7 Likes

I love them both! Excellent work!

Paper is the coolest medium.

4 Likes

Fantastic! I love the lanterns (both on the real house and the mini)!

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing! Good work

1 Like

The surprise of the what you used to make the lanterns is adorable, they fit so perfectly, and I love how glass gives it the perfect translucent look to represent the lanterns. Your house is also beautiful, no wonder you wanted to make tiny replicas!

2 Likes

Great job. I have some Stardream paper from previous non-Glowforge projects. What settings did you use to cut and score?

1 Like

Thank you.

(moved this reply to the “Beyond The Manual” category)

It was also trial and error with glues. I ended up preferring the consistency and hold of Elmer’s carpenter’s wood glue. Didn’t make the paper soggy and holds like iron.

I’m still tweaking these settings, so I appreciate any input you can offer once you start on your own project. It’s all so new to me. Any tips and ideas are very welcome.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply. I remember using Elmer’s type white glue for this paper as well.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and settings. It really contributes to the discussion.

Unfortunately, though, Glowforge requires us to confine discussion of manual settings in their forums to the Beyond the Manual category. The current preferred practice is to either move the entire thread to Beyond the Manual or, to start a new thread there and, link to it from this one.

Let us know if you want help with doing either of those things.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll do one or the other.

1 Like

Some people recommended these types of glasses. I haven’t tried them much yet. I was hoping my new prescription would take care of things. But… we’ll see. lol I refuse to use that m----- --e phrase. :smiley:

https://www.amazon.com/Dicfeos-Headband-Magnifier-Mounted-Magnifying/dp/B075WR4M99/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=magnifying+glasses+with+light&qid=1618806282&sr=8-8

2 Likes

What a nice job, especially at the small size you’re making. I love the ornaments in the last picture.

Michael

1 Like

As I am nearly blind up close I just ordered them. The ones ordered before covid were a total fail and covid made it impossible to fix the issue.

1 Like

Let me know how they work for you! I need to try mine out. I have really dry eyes though and it would help if I would just use my eye drops regularly, ugh. LOL

1 Like