Mid-Century Modern Vanity Organizer

Just finished a month-long project— a mid-century modern vanity organizer for my lovely wife.

IMG_1507

IMG_1511

Inner carcass is made from 3mm baltic birch, clad with PG maple ply. Drawers are PG walnut ply, the feet are PG walnut hardwood, and the drawer pulls are maple leftover from cutting the cladding.

Originally planned on submitting this to the Catalog, but the mere thought of building another to test the files and document the build gives me the willies. :scream:

47 Likes

This REALLY needs to be in the catalog as it is something beyond quick and cute. Also I want to see/know how they will handle baltic birch mixed in with :proofgrade: for a catalog item?

18 Likes

Wow that is impressive!!

10 Likes

The last time I went beyond quick and cute I lost money (materials and my time were not recouped in a year of sales). Q&C have a much higher yield in this market segment, imho.

16 Likes

I don’t doubt you one bit but “think of the three people who will be so thankful” :crazy_face:

19 Likes

Happy wife, happy life. This is lovely.

15 Likes

Very nice work. I love the drawer pulls.

12 Likes

Great job

10 Likes

What a cool, polished design! The wood grains really shine here.

9 Likes

Very well done. I’m sure your wife will treasure it.

7 Likes

I agree, that would be a great addition to the catalog. Very nice design.

9 Likes

What I love most is that your wife asked you to make her something, knowing you would and your creativity. And you did a beautiful job. It’s such a joy to be able to make stuff for those we love. I am sure she is well pleased with it. Those drawer pulls are great!

9 Likes

Great project! Well done!

6 Likes

Very Nice.

6 Likes

Lovely design!

5 Likes

Beautiful!

4 Likes

I too think it should be in the catalogue! I’d put it next to my spaceship candy dispenser! :grin:

8 Likes

So clever by far. Nice look…

8 Likes