Military plaque for my unit, retirement gifts and such. First cut and engrave project with my new basic

48 Likes

WOW! :heart_eyes: So much incredible stuff going on! Love the layers and all the movement. Did you put all the graphics together or is it a standard image for your unit? (Does that make sense?)

2 Likes

Oh man, that is EPIC. I was hoping mine would come before my own retirement (Army) 'cause I figured it would be great for those sorts of things… but wow! That’s a whole other level!

2 Likes

My grandfather has some medals in a frame with a printed background from WW2 I’d like to update. My pro is coming soon, this is great inspiration.

Excellent job.

2 Likes

Holy smokes, you really nailed it first time out of the gate! Keep posting your stuff!

2 Likes

Thanks. I put together the images. We are Blackhawk pilots in North Carolina and our unit designation is “Killdevils” because of our connection to Kill Devil Hills and the history of piracy in the Outer Banks, Blackbeard specifically.

8 Likes

Thanks. Our retirement gifts were getting pretty stale so the forge should spice things up a bit, maybe some LED lighting as well.

3 Likes

That is just incredible! What a great design!

2 Likes

Love the design! Very pirate-like!

1 Like

Welcome. It looks like you will be making incredible stuff to show us.

1 Like

Epic Design and thank you for sharing, also thank you for your service.

2 Likes

:+1: - and very nice job on that!

1 Like

I also worked at an National Guard Army Aviation Support Facility --> but a long, long time ago (Grand Ledge, Michigan from 1973-75) --> not even sure the thought of having a laser accessible by hobbyists would even have been imaginable.

Great work of art and congrats for joining the GF Forum! Look forward to more amazing things.

Fly Safe! :sunglasses::glowforge:

1 Like

Epic first post – keep them coming!

2 Likes

Looks great … Quite the retirement gift!

Looks amazing! (and an extra cheer for being in NC!)