Mini beehive

48 Likes

Had fun making a couple of mini beehives! One is traditional, the other is a pencil/pen holder for my desk!

11 Likes

You may have just hit send too soon before they had a chance to load?

3 Likes

I guess that is what happened!

5 Likes

I like the pencil and pen holder. Nice work.

9 Likes

Those are ADORABLE! My husband and i started with one hive last year and love having our own honey!

10 Likes

So cute, with the lids off they look so happy!

4 Likes

Nothing better that Missouri Ozarks Honey. I had bee’s for a while, but the USDA frowned upon them being on the same property as our kennel.

6 Likes

Love them! What a great gift for a beekeeper they would be.

6 Likes

Sweet! That’s a honey of a design.

6 Likes

Great design and so practical.

5 Likes

The honey is great. We give it to our kids too because it’s great for preventing any local allergies!

5 Likes

Love this!

3 Likes

As a beekeeper, this is just too cute! Although our bees decided to all swarm this past summer, I’m hoping to get more. And what’s worse, the little stingers ( :rofl:) even took all their honey with them!! Good thing I still have 4 cases! Seriously though, this is adorable. I love it!

4 Likes

Very Fun!

5 Likes

I am so jealous. my wife, is deathly afraid of bees, and any related buzzing stinging family members.

no bees for me. :frowning:

4 Likes

A neighbor just a few houses up keeps bees, they put out boxes advertising ‘local honey’ all the time.

I get all kinds of wasps and hornets that are just fine with me, but unfortunately the predominant - and most territorial and aggressive - are yellow jackets. I’ve had my run in with them everywhere I’ve lived here, Dispatched with extreme prejudice.

5 Likes

LOVE this!!! We are also beekeepers! Where did you get the pattern for this??? Is there a place you purchased the design? I would love to make one!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I designed it… made it pretty much to scale as my medium beehives.

1 Like

Last year we switched to Layans hives (horizontal hives) and this year we started with two new NUCS, which we bought from a friend down the street. The hives which have been super easy on us old folk to work with. No more heavy lifting, and the bees have been really calm, even when we’ve shifted their frames to add new ones.

2 Likes