Mini Bookshelf for Mini Books

My daughter has a sticker shop (RisasPieces) on Etsy, and asks me for help from time to time with various projects. This time it was cutting out MDF blanks to make mini book keychains, and for a correctly-scaled (1:6) bookshelf to use for taking photos for them.

Well, it turns out I had already designed a 1:12 bookshelf made from 1/16 balsa, so I just scaled it up to double size and cut it from 1/8” Baltic birch. A few hours of sanding and gluing, and voila:

Here it is loaded with books and things (I made the plant too, but it didn’t involve my Glowforge):

And here’s a closer look at the little books:

The only problem now is that she was so excited about using it that I didn’t get to put a finish on it, and now she has it displayed on her desk and doesn’t want to take everything off so I can work on it, so I guess it will just stay unfinished for now!

54 Likes

You two make a great team! Nice bookshelf and keychains.

13 Likes

Love it!!
I can’t figure out how you had time, but you always amaze us!

9 Likes

Oh that is very cute. Love the mini book keychains too, and your daughter’s shop name!

8 Likes

So great I love it!

7 Likes

Both of you have done most excellent!!

6 Likes

Oh, I love everything about this! I see you even made her a ruler.

6 Likes

So cute! And I love her store name, very clever.

5 Likes

I love it. These are the type of projects I bought my Glowforge for. Thank you so much for sharing.

4 Likes

I always have time for my kids. Plus it’s such a good feeling when they ask me to make them something!

9 Likes

That is just adorable! I love the books. She has a lot of talent as well!

5 Likes

“Risa’s Pieces” Hahahaha Love it

5 Likes

Fantastic all around.

1 Like

Super adorable. Great job to you both!

2 Likes

You are so right! There is always time for our kids!

5 Likes

Really cool! May I ask how did you do the covers?

1 Like

My daughter makes the covers, so I don’t know for sure. She has a sticker shop, and lots of sticker-making tools and supplies, so I know they’re some sort of sticker. That’s about all I can tell you!

2 Likes

Thought that would be the case. Thanks and congrats on the great work!

1 Like

Nicely done! I’ve been wanting to make something like this to make a collection of the Penguin Clothbound classics in miniature.

1 Like

Wow both of you outdid yourselves. Love it. :heart:

1 Like