Mini Gumball Machine (with a small mason jar)

What a conversation piece to just see the gum balls come down inside! Love it!

3 Likes

I am so glad that you did - thanks for letting me know! I will be watching for it!

4 Likes

This is really, really cool. I know all of us glowforgers have had the experience of seeing a post here on the forum that so captured our imagination we immediately opened our design software of choice and started clicking away. This project has prompted the itch that I must scratch. Already watched a couple YouTube videos on gumball machine mechanics and opening Fusion360 in 3, 2, 1 ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

This design has been ā€œacceptedā€ by Glowforge. I am just waiting for it to be added to the catalog now.

6 Likes

This is the coolest project! Iā€™m not into gum balls, but do you suppose it would dispense nuts instead?

4 Likes

If they are the same size it should work.

I am working on another design that uses a wide-mouth mason jar. It should work better for loose items like M&Ms and Skittles. Nuts might work better with that one too.

2 Likes

My kids will love that option. I have a classic old style machine but I have it set where they have to put a quarter in it for m&ms and they are cheap LOL

5 Likes

It is finally in the catalog!

10 Likes

That looks like fun! Congratulations on your design.

4 Likes

I finally submitted this new design to the catalog. We will see how long it takes before it is available. A lot of work goes into getting these ready for their processā€¦ sometime I question if it is worth itā€¦

12 Likes

I like the idea of the m&ms and skittles. I think this design will do well and will be worth your time and effort.

3 Likes

Boyā€¦I hear you there. Saving grace is once itā€™s done, you never have to do it againā€¦and if they are money-makers, then all you have to do is wait for the dollars to roll. I think this (and your others) design is amazingly cute and Iā€™ll bet it does well.

4 Likes

mini gumball machine, you complete me.

4 Likes