Mini Halloween scene

This was a fun project; I made 3 of them:

Still shot:

And of course, with cat for scale:

It’s hard to read the headstone; it says “There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.” I found the quote on the web but couldn’t find an attribution.

It’s not all made on the Glowforge, but I did cut the tree (2 layers with fiber optic sandwiched between) from Worbla, as well as the headstone from acrylic, and I also cut the box (from Baltic birch). It has a sliding bottom so you can replace the battery.

There are two LEDs in the box, one flickering yellow for the tree and the pumpkins, and a steady white one for the headstone. All the fiber optics (8 pieces) thread through tiny holes in the box to point at the bulbs inside. There’s an on/off switch on the side of the box.

I 3D printed the skeleton (“Dancing Skeleton” by Geoff Shorts on Thingiverse) and pumpkins (Makies Jack o Lantern by Makies on Thingiverse), then painted them all up.

The funny thing is that I had all the stuff on hand (Worbla, LEDs, connectors, switch, etc) because I had planned a couple years ago to make a book nook, which I still haven’t gotten around to.

33 Likes

I love it. Nice work as always.

7 Likes

What a delight. Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

Absolutely adorable.

9 Likes

Creepy in miniature - definitely the way to go!

5 Likes

This is adorable!!

2 Likes

Fantastic! I love the scene, and those pumpkins are awesome!

2 Likes

So great! I especially love the pumpkin and tree eyes!

1 Like

Cats make a much better perspective object than a banana!

7 Likes