Mini signs

These are really cool!

Very cool, nice work!

1 Like

So cool… You have amazing talent!

These are all amazing! Thanks for sharing them.

If I were on a road trip, I would definitely eat at Taco House, it looks like a legit authentic greasy Mexican joint.

2 Likes

wow these are soo cool

1 Like

Absolutely love these. Great job!

Thank you so much!

Paul Yezbak

Thank you so much! I’m working on an old Arby’s “big hat” next. Lights and all. I’m gonna dip my toe into programming the lights so they flash and trail correctly. Doing a lot of experimenting with mini lights, EL wire, length lit fiber optics etc… Most everything I’ve done lights up. Makes the build a lot harder but brings a nice wow factor in the end.

Like this big guy!

6 Likes

Privacy wall for the seating area? Wonderful illusion.

2 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the community! Hope to see you around here often.

I took the pic and has me looking twice!

Paul Yezbak

2 Likes

Like the taco one. We had a hole in the wall here that was put out of business by the university when they bought up the land and built dorms. Their sign said “our tacos are hotter than your wife.” So, somewhat subjective, but they were good.

1 Like

The one thing college kids need right? Oops just tore it down! The Taco House is gone now. The long time owners retired and sold just a few years ago. Sad but they got well a deserved retirement! All just before Covid. Perfect timing really. It’s a car dealership parking lot now. I think I’m gonna track them down a give it them. I think it might fit better on their bookshelf than mine.

5 Likes

That would be a wonderful gift to them. Hope you find them.

Dude. These are awesome. The Arby’s sign has always been one of my favorites.

2 Likes

All lit up, doesn’t photograph well though.

7 Likes

OMG this is even better than I originally thought!

2 Likes

Wow! Incredible!! I love that it lights up. So how long does one of these projects typically take?
Do you cut the styrene in the glowforge? I recall some people having a lot of challenges with it melting, so I was just wondering!

1 Like

So great! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for the like! The smaller ones take just a few hours but the larger Mai-Kai builds (I did three of them at the same time, gave two away and kept one for myself) took probably 60-80 hours total working at a snails pace. Sheet styrene cuts nice if you can compensate for melting (I think I figured it out to be + .03 for most measurements?) after sanding seemed like a good fit. I highly recommend getting some and playing with it.

Another project in the works that will be all styrene is a prop radio from Gilligan’s Island…I have a Tiki Bar problem in my basement :wink: I see that one as entirely Glowforge cut with 3D printed knobs and vinyl cut stickers and graphics. Someone else did the same thing. The one below is a hollow styrene box. Proper prop!

6 Likes