Mini wet/dry vacuum recommendations

i have a big wet/dry vac that i have out in my shed, but not something i want to deal with keeping in my studio/office all the time. i’d love to find something small that will do what i need, which is essentially clean up the crumb tray and maybe suck up pieces that fall on the carpet up here.

so is anyone using something that they like that isn’t multiple gallons that works for what I need?

1 Like

I use and enjoy the ShopVac Micro wall mounted mini vacuum. I got mine at Lowe’s a while ago so it’s blue but you can get it several places. It uses a smaller hose as you might expect. I have used it for everything from vacuuming machining swarf to the garage floor to cleaning the car. Mine is going on 12 years old and hasn’t needed more than a new filter.
If you want smaller, I like the Bissel 33A1. I keep one under my desk for cleaning up after 3D printing, vacuuming off the dust from my PC filters, and cleaning the carpet under my workbench that I haven’t been able to afford to replace. It works great.

6 Likes

do you think the bissel will work well with the small pieces that are left on the crumb tray? that’s one of my bigger annoyances (and i was doing a super complicated piece with lots of tiny “leave behind” pieces, many hundreds of them, tonight). i need something that won’t filter those.

1 Like

I don’t think it will have any issues with that size parts. It handles the leftovers from 3D printing support removal and the parts are about the same size, if a little lighter. It is really quite powerful for its size. The dust collector is also easy to get to and easy to clean if you grab a part that you want back.

2 Likes

ok, ordered one on amazon. gets here tomorrow, and i’ll give it a shot on the next piece of the complex cut i’m doing.

thanks!

2 Likes

I picked out the smallest shopvac at Lowes and it has done very well. If you know someone needing a C-Pap, a used hose from one of those works extremely well for all of that.

I’m using an old Dyson handheld, Animal version I believe. It’s my general studio vac and the smallest extension nozzle works well in the GF

1 Like

Bessel worked great today. So far so good. Not quite as good as a shop vac would, but much smaller in my crowded shop/office.

2 Likes

I have a shop vac right next to my GF but use a Dyson as suggested above. Far easier.

Plus, I’d be really concerned about static from something as powerful as a shop vac, but (again) the Dyson is just far easier - and it’s stored in a different room.

2 Likes

Sounds like you picked something up but I highly recommend the vacuum that milwaulkee has. If you don’t have their tools in does require batteries and a charger but I use this every day both with my shop and as an industrial electrician.

My favorite vacuum

1 Like

i’m in a black & decker world, but if i decide this doesn’t work well enough (so far so good), that’s a good idea to look at their offerings to see if they have something that fits my battery profile.

1 Like

/uploads/db6859/optimized/3X/d/7/d781f2d304526767c8907849007625b97d4b8654_2_1332x1000.jpeg

i have a small shop vac with a brush attachment, that’s worked great for me.

You already got one, but I’m adding a recommendation for:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QG3X6KQ

It’s not quiet, but it does a great job.

2 Likes

still bigger than i would want up here. i have a semi portable 5 gallon that i didn’t want to drag up here.

but it’s great to have more recommendations in the thread. i’m sure i’m not the last person who’s going to ask this question. and everyone’s space is different.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.