Miniature Basketball rim with stand

So, a few months ago one of my clients (NBA in Nigeria) requested for a cool invitation they could send out to their influencers to unbox and post on social media, which incorporated art and their brand. After given it some thought, I thought a cool miniature basket ball rim with a stand would be pretty cool! That could be used as a table top decor piece or whatever… (The event was an Art event with NBA).
So basically the Miniature rim came, dismantled and you had to follow the instructions to set it up. I had already prearranged some of the parts, so instead of like about 10 steps, I cut the assemble steps to about 4 steps.

I’m still not very good with designing SVG files, so I sought the help of a designer on Fiverr, for the svg file and a local artist in Nigeria to help with the digital art file.
I printed the digital file on heat transfer paper and did the transfer on to the wood after cutting with my Glowforge.
I used 3mm Baltic Birch Plywood for all the parts , except the stick for the stand which I used 6mm Baltic Birch Plywood. This made it strong and sturdier.

Here are some more images of it before I transferred the art. I made 20 of these.

Here is a video from one of the influencers who posted.

If you would like to get the SVG file I recently just uploaded it on my Etsy page I just started.

Sorry i’m not the best at writing… lol…

46 Likes

Very cool!!

6 Likes

This looks great

4 Likes

Neat!

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

This looks great!

6 Likes

Very cool! What a great design!

5 Likes

That is super cool! The whole presentation is very sleek. I loved the influencer video

5 Likes

That is brilliant!

5 Likes

What a great idea and collaboration. We appreciate your description of the process you used and you did a good job of describing it. It appears that they were well received by those lucky enough to get one. Nice project.

6 Likes

Love it!

5 Likes

What a fun project! It looked great before and after the addition of the artwork. Very nice presentation kits! Wow.

5 Likes

Just a comment that you can publish your store info in your profile and when people click on your avatar icon it will be revealed. Saves having to advertise in areas where it is frowned upon.
Click on @wenning08 and @MakerMatthew above to see how that works.

Nice project.

8 Likes

Oh thank you! I did not know that, very new to all this…

1 Like

Wow, what a unique promotional piece, and it looks like it was well received!

4 Likes

This is amazing!! What an awesome opportunity!!! Could I ask about the heat transfer paper process?? Is it special paper and a heat press?
Awesome job!!!

Thank you!!

Yes sure. So I bought the Iron-on transfer paper from amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HKFKQKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
or
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000W4H606/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mirrored the image before I printed, then I used a heat press to do the transfer to the wood. The paper works on any inkjet laser printer.

5 Likes

I really like the design. Nicely done

6 Likes

cant find your etsy shop

1 Like