Miniature book you can read!

Oooo cool! Great work!

2 Likes

This is the veriest of cute!

3 Likes

I think a lot of people (including myself) thought the title of the fairy tale is The Princess And The Pea, which is apparently not accurate.

4 Likes

Precisely…

1 Like

Thanks @Aloha, @Jules!
Yes, the story goes that the princess proves to be a princess by sleeping on a pile of mattresses and still feeling the pea that was put on the bottom layer. She is that delicate. My sister and I always laugh about this, because it appropriately describes me - very sensitive critter. :rofl:

4 Likes

This is my favorite illustration by Edmund Dulac.

8 Likes

Where’s your banana?

OMG, I love this! Persian carpets! reading lamps! Now you need a rocking chair and a cat. (No pressure, of course…)

I must show this to a friend, who owns a used book store. He’s made it cozy, with little nooks and special chairs so buyers can snuggle up with an interesting book before they buy. At the far end of the store is one of those corner “fireplace” units. I love to go there on a cold day and have coffee and a book.

5 Likes

Your friend’s store does sound lovely!
Yes, I’m notoriously good at forgetting the comparison thingy. We never have bananas (so not a fan of banana bread) and a while back when I was chastised gently by @jules I begged my husband for a quarter (I don’t do change either), and I have that on my gf working desk. I still forget it… Let’s just say its small, very small, wee small (just reading a Scottish detective novel).

6 Likes

Ditto! My husband teases me about being the princess from this story.

2 Likes

It’s a curse really …

2 Likes

We lived in Italy in the 70’s and I collected those books as well as the fans that had the images on them. Thank you so much for reminding me of them! And now I need to start planning… :slight_smile:
Several years ago - pre Glowforge, I made a metal book for a necklace for my gaming character. My husband illustrated the pages for me.
mini book 2|690x438

4 Likes

Oh wow! Sounds like we like the same things! My sister brought back those fans!
Love your necklace book!

1 Like

I’ve always loved that one, too.

2 Likes

I think that’s why I love fairy tales so much. We had this thick book with his illustrations in it.

5 Likes

These are great! I envy your patience working with the tiny things.

1 Like

Thanks! Shaky fingers don’t help, I often use hobby tweezers as well.

1 Like

Prescription Voltaren Gel 1%

This product is a wonder drug for arthritis in the hands!!! Do not get the generic version.

My insurance will only pay for the generic. I use a Goodrx coupon at the pharmacy and the cost is $60 a tube. Worth every single penny.

One tube lasts me 2-3 months.

Only 15 minutes after applying —— I am pain free for hours.

2 Likes

Yep, been there, done that… but like the princess on the pea, I started to react after a few months with more pain rather than less.

1 Like

Unfortunately I also know what excruciating arthritic pain can do to someone. I live with it every single day in my back and in my shoulder.

Having a GF and everything that is involved with creating a project helps me mentally escape from the pain.

I am here if you ever want to talk on the phone. Sending you great big hugs!!

1 Like

Thanks, @JimmyWayneWestie! I might take you up on that one day. At any rate I’ll pm you tomorrow. Certainly, the GF is the best distraction; that, and good friends.