Miniature Display Shelves (from Adventurer's Supply Shop Diorama)

It’s been a minute since I’ve shared a file and this one actually turned out good without any finagling so I figured I’d go ahead and share this one. It’s the miniature shim-lock open-backed display shelf that I designed for my Adventurer’s Supply Shop diorama. Cut red strokes first, then black, medium proof grade draftboard. There is one extra shim in case you need it. To assemble, insert the tabs of the shelves through the sides and put a shim down in to the hole, with the 90 degree corner of the shim against the side of the book case. The shims for the bottom shelf will probably stick down past the bottom of the sides a little, just snip off what extends so it sits flat. The top shim will sit close to flush with the bottom of the scoop on the side piece. I used no glue. assembled size very close to 3.25" tall, 2.29" wide, and 1" deep. Each shelf space has just a hair under .75" clearance. Personal use only, of course.

Right click and save as:
miniature display shelf

Photo of assembled, colored with brown Sharpie:

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

62 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Great design!

5 Likes

That’s a cool look, thanks first sharing!

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks for the share!

6 Likes

Love these shelves - perfect for your diorama! Thanks for sharing the details.

5 Likes

So cool! Thank you so much for sharing!

5 Likes

If you are younger than me— I want your name and your address. I want to put you in my will. I have over 40 hardback books dedicated to miniatures. I do not want the books to end up at a used bookstore.

I have been doing miniatures for over 30 years. Through the years I have collected and received many incredible books.

I am 54

7 Likes

I envision you having an entire world created in this size sooner or later.

5 Likes

These shelves are amazing! I love them! Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Very cool shelves. Thanks so much for the share!

2 Likes

What a lovely offer!

3 Likes

Thank You for sharing I love the little wedges, they look cool, and I bet they work really well to hold the shelves together.

4 Likes

This is a gorgeous piece, thanks for sharing!

1 Like