Miniature Paint Bottle Racks

Hey all, I’ve been putting this off for a while, but finally buckled and designed some racks to hold a bunch of “paint dropper” style (.6 fl oz or 15 ml) bottles.

These work for Army Painter, Vallejo, and basically any of the types of bottles that look like these do.

I designed it to work either nozzle forward, or solid bottom forward, since I’m unsure which I prefer actually. (Some brands use nozzle colors for important information)

You can print one of these (about 18 inches wide by something like 6.5 inches tall) with 2 sheets of 1/8" proofgrade drafting board or what have you. (I made them to fit into these shelves we’re building)

Random design process shots for the hell of it:

Lastly, the file itself. I gotta admit, I think the holes where the tabs fit into the end caps could be a little bit more snug, and the gaps in the middle “support” piece could similarly be a little more snug… but it all glues up fine, so, bleh, it’s a functional thing and not an art piece.

You could easily make this half width by mushing around the art file.

Reckon I’ll need to make one now for Citadel Paints since I have a couple around here too… just, won’t be that long.

PaintRackFinal

71 Likes

That’s a fabulous Practical cut! There was a time in my life I would have been all over this - so many bottles of paint just everywhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nicest paint rack I’ve seen to date.

2 Likes

Nice work! Did you mean to put this in the “Made on a Glowforge” topic? Or did I miss the file?

Very nice!

1 Like

I love this. So useful

1 Like

It’s in there at the bottom. I updated the preview image to be larger :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, what an awesome design! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Not only is this perfect for those paint bottles but that shelf you have them on is perfect too! Well made, clean design!

1 Like

Ahhh thanks! That shelf is on a piano hinge where it swings out, because there’s an ugly breaker box behind it. When it’s closed, there’s a heavy duty sort of wall mounted shelf under it that bears the weight of it.

2 Likes

Wonderful idea I can see a lot of uses for something like this. Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Very useful design, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

how did you make this fit on 2 sheets?

This one word you put an instant smile on my face.

It reminds me of a good olé boy from EastTennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi or South Carolina.

Great post!!

1 Like

You can’t cut them at the same time, but:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s super snug. I cut mine off several big scraps so wasn’t completely sure it would work on 2 clean sheets, but it seemed possible.

1 Like

I used mine to store alcohol ink capside down. It worked great!

1 Like

where is the file?

Right click on this in the original post and Save As an .svg

1 Like