Miniature Room Box

Not sure I could add anything that hasn’t been said. I will say I agree with all the comments above!!

8 Likes

I appreciate this! Thank you for sharing!

9 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous! I made a few room boxes myself - well before I had a Glowforge. Now I wish I had one then. Regardless, I know how much work it takes, and this is outstanding! Thank you for sharing your work.

Makes me think of this… well worth a visit.

11 Likes

I am speechless - this is AMAZING!!!

7 Likes

Used your glowforge for windows and frames?

This looks great!

8 Likes

I am absolutely speechless. The attention to detail is amazing. I honestly thought that it was a photo in the first pic.

7 Likes

Wow! So good. :clap:

7 Likes

This is flat out gorgeous, amazing, wonderful……your attention to period detail is excellent. I bow to your talent.

9 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:

5 Likes

WOW!! It’s beautiful and the detail is amazing.

6 Likes

That’s really nice.

5 Likes

So many sculpted surfaces! The ceiling as well. Most folks have not ventured into the 3D engraving of surfaces like the backs of the chairs and getting it that smooth would also be a problem. If so I would love if you could share some insight on how you did that :star_struck:

7 Likes

Incredible!

5 Likes

Wow! Impressive!

5 Likes

It’s not 3d engraving, although I have tried that with not so great results. I draw out a 2d diagram of furniture parts. Once they are cut out, I hand sand them down until they are 3D. The engravings are actually sculpted paper clay. Once they are attached and painted, they blend in like wood. Thank you for being appreciative of the details. It means so much to me that they are noticed.

9 Likes

This is FABULOUS!

4 Likes

The problem that I discovered is what folk think is an acceptable LPI. I am frequently using 1355 and 670 to reduce the horizontal “grain” left by the distance between strokes, going full power to increase the detail range, but then using very high speeds to lower the extra energy caused by topping the energy applied by maxing out the other two energy causes.
You still might need the files to smooth but it is much better a layout than I am just looking, and much is already done that way.

8 Likes

I gasped in awe when I saw those photos! Would love to watch you make those tiny chairs.

6 Likes

That is super amazing. I could see doing something like this in the replica of a room in a grandparent’s home or a room in your childhood home. This would be a high goal for me to replicate my grandparent’s kitchen. Oh how I dream!

5 Likes

Wow, mind blown! Gorgeous!

5 Likes