Minimalist, Elegant Purse

Another leather purse design. I wanted to create a simple, elegant purse with some beautiful Horween Latigo Leather I purchased from Maverick Leather. All pieces can be cut on a basic GF.

50 Likes

Very nice! I love the minimalist aesthetic.

Can you talk about your process some? Did you use a pony for hand saddle stitching?

What is the staining/finish?

1 Like

Thanks! I hand-stitched this purse without a stitching pony and the Horween Latigo leather is pre-dyed. I designed it in Inkscape and cut everything on the GF. I used a damp micro fiber cloth to clean off the soot after cutting . When I finished, I cleaned and finished it with Blackrock Leather N Rich.

22 Likes

Gorgeous work! I especially love all the detail you put into the interior. Key ring FTW!

4 Likes

That’s wonderful! Nice design, and excellent execution!

3 Likes

Very reminiscent of the bag in the original Glowforge marketing videos. Great execution, the result is really clean.

5 Likes

The finish on the leather is very inviting. It will age beautifully with use.

5 Likes

Beautiful! I’m not much of a purse person but what I do like are very simple just like this.

4 Likes

Great leather work! It still takes a lot of work to achieve simply beautiful.

4 Likes

Gosh, that is really really nice. And leather lasts forever, you are going to be enjoying this for a long time.

4 Likes

Excellent work on your stitching! It has a very nice look. Nice of you to give the extra details on your process.

2 Likes

I really like the nice simple design. It looks like it would be easy to transform into more complex ideas. I also really like the use of the binder clip to hold the piece together when you stitch. I am definitely going to use that.

3 Likes

Love the leather!! Great stitching!!

Maverick Leather is one of the best leather stores

I highly recommend this leather company. It is based out of Canada. All the leather he sells has a YouTube video. He also has the very best organized website.

oaleathersupply.com

1 Like

Ooh, fancy. I :heart: this.

1 Like

Really like the simplicity, makes it a bit more special.

1 Like