Mirror Engrave (Success on my 1st Try)

I used a paper towel dampened with soapy water. (Just water dries out too fast.)

1 Like

I’ll have to look when I get back down there. I was thinking I etched the silver off the back, but you’re right about the reflection; maybe my plan was to try the back the NEXT time, and my memory is playing tricks on me…

Dang. It’s one thing when you reach adulthood and start turning into your parents…now I’m finding myself turning into my grandparents!!! :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Here’s a rear engrave with a glass mirror:

2 Likes

Hmm… ok that’s a good idea. I’ve made a disaster of one… lol. Need to try another one.

Tell me about it… I have 3 crazy little monkeys on my case while working and my husbands a 4th one :rofl: sorry that’s just my life story.

1 Like

To protect the mirror, I used the protective adhesive from one of my proofgrade pieces of acrylic. Just pealed it off and stuck it on the mirror. I wet my fingers and rubbed it on the adhesive–only because I saw a few samples on the forum that mentioned using a wet paper towel. So, the adhesive was a little damp.

1 Like

Love this idea. I just engraved a mirror (masked first) and it’s so good looking!

6 Likes

It’s hard to get a good picture of the finished mirror.

8 Likes

Great picture. :blush:

3 Likes

I’m currently trying to do my first Mirror Engraving, thank you for sharing your experience hopefully it helps mine be successful.

1 Like

But not your glowforge!:rofl:

LOL! Very nice! I LOVE the dog, too! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Best of luck! I’m sure you will do well. I’d love to see the finished product.

Here’s the mirror I did last night!

10 Likes

Very nice. :blush:

Beautiful!!!

That looks so cool. I never thought of engraving the front of a mirror. I have always reversed my image, or writing and engraved on the back.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: Love it!!! such and adorable guy.

2 Likes