Mirrored Acrylic Egyptian bangle

I thought I’d give mirrored acrylic bracelets a try tonight. Now that the Christmas rush is over. I can finally get some new items done. These are more Egyptian designs incorporated into my molded bracelet. To get the individuals pieces to stay, I use tight kerf and E600. I used only two colors 1/8 black gold mirror acrylic amd heated it with a heat gun handy to mold them into bracelets is always good as well…

42 Likes

Fantastic! Great inspiration here!

4 Likes

Those turned out great. i especially like the gold one!

3 Likes

I love the bracelets! Egypthas such a fascinating history with so many wonderful symbols.

3 Likes

Those look really great. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

These are fantastic! What’s your technique? Are you layering black acrylic on the mirrored acrylic? Are you painting portions black?

3 Likes

Yes. Layers. Thanks. No paint,

2 Likes

Mind blown… And to think I’ve only been using this thing to melt embossing powder and peel stickers off of glass!

Did you use a form and something to push the acrylic down?

2 Likes

Read this much too quickly and had to ponder for a minute how one would use glowforge to take stickers off glass :laughing: better slow down!

2 Likes

Pop can. I should use a bracelet form, but I just use a pop can. Then press into an oval before it sets.

4 Likes

I used a thin layer of polymer clay in one of my acrylic pieces and heated it with a heat gun to set it. The fumes got to me so badly I almost ended up in the ER! any tips on what types are safe for this?

PS - I always think of you as looking like this.
Sketch Nefertiti

2 Likes

Awww thanks. I don’t use polymer clay, that might be the issue. Regular 1/8 black acrylic from Glowforge or Craft Closet is what I use.

Hmm. I’ve done the clay many times and had no problems, but perhaps the mix was the trouble.

I came pretty close - but your hair is lovely.

1 Like

Very nice

1 Like