Missing something

So I connected to the GF via WiFi but I don’t see the inside of the machine on the machine? It says the two are connected but there is no page or place to go to get the screen of the inside of the GF to bring the file.
The start button is teal, and the computer screen says they are connected. But I got no place to bring material into? What am I missing.
Went over Youtube videos and all and everyone skips that part like bam here we go.
Thanks,
Steve

The view is not a ‘live’ view. Have you placed your material on the bed? Then choose what material you put there or put in your manual settings. Be sure your artwork is there and you identified what is to cut or engrave. You can refresh your view on your computer and you will see your current ‘material’ you placed in the GF and where your design will cut/engrave/score or whatever you’ve chosen.

And, WELCOME!! You’re in for a lot of fun!

Did you get the confetti screen? After that you go back and select your home wifi network again.What happens when you go to app.Glowforge.com?

No a message just popped up on the connect screen that said yah your connected. I had no place to go. So I go back to my network on the laptop and go back into my home network?

That is my problem I do not see that screen to make those choices of material and cuts.

Yes, reconnect to your home wifi. But you should have a screen that lists the available networks. It sounds like you didn’t get to that part. Here is a video that may help. You don’t have to go all the way to the beginning, just pick up where you left off. Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing when you navigate to app.Glowforge.com?
Resetting wifi not working - #2 by Jules

This means your GF is not setup, sounds like the process didn’t complete. What happens when you go to app.glowgorge.com?

1 Like

If the button is teal, watch the video linked above and follow along with your setup.

ok bless you for the video! I was not going back to my network. I thought it was cutting the connection off. But the video makes it clear. I will try that tomorrow when I get to the shop.
Thank you,

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble setting up your Glowforge for the first time. @dklgood included some excellent troubleshooting steps. Would you let us know if they help get you up and running next time you’re near your Glowforge?

Hi @yah2920. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any responses, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to create a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com if you run into any other trouble or questions. Thank you!