Mission Style Nightlight

I finally made this Mission Style nightlight for our camper with the auto light sensor. I still want to find better mulberry paper for the inside when i make another one but i don’t mind the paper i found at JoAnn.
I want to customize a few more with my own images on the front and sides.

44 Likes

Very nice.

10 Likes

Wow, came out great! I’ve been wanting to run that one—I really like the style.

9 Likes

This turned out really nice!

9 Likes

Love it!

8 Likes

Came out really well. I’ve been experimenting with shoji paper off of Amazon, it seals down really well with a bit of Mod Podge (I use matte, and thin). Would love to hear about your own experiments with paper for lanterns.

6 Likes

The paper choice works great now, no need to change!

7 Likes

love this. great work.

4 Likes

Paging @rbtdanforth - he’s got a ton of experience with these types of lanterns and different papers for diffusers.

6 Likes

Oh, wonderful. I’m experimenting but it helps to share and save at least some money on papers that haven’t worked for others.

7 Likes

The classic material is made from Mulberry trees available at Amazon …

7 Likes

Very nice design. Looks like the perfect light for people who are light-sensitive; most night lights are too bright for me. Yours prevents light spill from the top.

5 Likes

I love mission furniture and this is perfect.

6 Likes

Yep, this is Korean unyong, the mulberry is the difference. I bought some blue of that to try, happy with the Japanese white I bought but will try the mulberry too. Any experience with paper that has a parchment feel/look to it? Would work well with a product like the one pictured in this post.

2 Likes

What I have is white. The mulberry tree is the source of the fiber, not the color, and yes it is the traditional material for that use. It does come in many colors but for what I am doing I prefer the white. It is possible to use other stuff, but the scattering of different-sized fibers makes all the difference.

4 Likes

Beautiful job! I love the attention to detail with the ends standing out!

3 Likes

Lovely night light! Love it!

2 Likes