MLK clock

Unfinished plywood from Rockler.

35 Likes

Got a pic of the back?

Nice!
His memorial in DC was magnificent.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Ah I like those movements with the hook built in.

4 Likes

Two for $10 on amazon. Non-ticking, too (which I like)

8 Likes

Glad you found the time to make and show this.

3 Likes

Love this… Thanks for sharing this inspiring clock!

1 Like

Love how this came out!

And I just want to say… We’re all familiar with the “I have a dream” speech, of course. We all heard it when we were young. We’ve read it as we’re older. But, man… If you haven’t listened to it recently in your life, you’re missing out. I make it a point to re-listen to it here and there. Just infrequently enough that it overwhelms me every… single… time.

3 Likes

It’s the “mountaintop” speech that I can’t get over. “I may not get there with you, but I’ve been to the mountaintop and I’ve seen the Promised Land.” And the next day, he was killed.

2 Likes

I grew up in the town that he called the promised land in a letter he wrote to his mom on the train back home one summer. And yes, there is a mountain (of sorts - it’s about 800’ elev with the town at about 200’) that is still hiked up today to overlook the valley.

Very weird growing up and finding out how it impacted someone and through him, so many others.

1 Like

Nicely done! An amazing person! I have had the pleasure of visiting the MLK Center in Atlanta. It is an inspiring place.

1 Like

Very nice!