Mobile phone crackling fireplace

There are a lot of cell phone fireplace designs out there, but I liked this one best. This is not my design, I bought it from @pubultrastar’s Etsy shop (here).

I rubbed some terracotta colored chalk pastel over the engraved bricks, then drilled holes for 20ga nails and glued them in. Made some tiny embellishments for hanging from the nails, and called it done. I made three of these, and am giving them to the family instead of the Advent calendars I did for the last couple of years. I’m giving them tomorrow, I think they’ll be a hit.

45 Likes

It’s the only one I’ve seen. What a cool design (@pubultrastar) and great execution (@cynd11).

14 Likes

I got one from the catalog last year but never made it :sweat_smile: Thanks for the reminder, it will go great with my mini trees :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

10 Likes

If the recipients are not screaming with joy and crying with happiness—-take the mashed potatoes, dump it on their heads, open up the front door, kick them out and tell them to celebrate Thanksgiving at Burger King.

I know there will be a lot of commotion —-Do not forget to yank the fireplace out of their hands.

Oh my goodness—- so adorable and I am screaming with joy!

7 Likes

Great job finishing that, particularly the brick! :kissing_heart: :ok_hand:

12 Likes

I bought this last year from @pubultrastar too. It was a ‘huge’ hit. It’s the cutest one i’ve seen as well. I love how you added the stockings!

9 Likes

Beautiful!!!

This is my latest one, but I haven’t put it up for sale yet. So there are two!!!

17 Likes

I love that! Great job on all the little details. I know the receivers will love them. And if they don’t, tell them they can send them my way! :rofl:

5 Likes

This is a great idea!! What fun!

7 Likes

Great work! I love the embellishments.

7 Likes

Nice finish @cynd11 !

@pubultrastar The new one is awesome!

4 Likes

I was definitely inspired by your mobile phone crackling fireplace, so much in fact, that I’m now making them for family members. Thanks for the idea.

6 Likes

What did you use for the video?

I used to put on YT videos of fires and then they started going nuts with ads.

1 Like

I was actually waiting for a commercial to pop up, but it never did … happy day. There are also several “crackling fires” to chose from.

Nice design!

Thanks … I’ve since added etching to give the base a woodgrain look and a front grate. Etching brings print time over 2 hrs. Will post new pics when done .

3 Likes

On the back of my fireplaces I attached a sticker that had QR codes linking to a couple of YT videos that run for hours with no breaks (except at the beginning).

5 Likes