5 Likes

53 Likes

30 Likes

37 Likes

39 Likes

38 Likes

54 Likes

Your own designs?

yes i designed them on inkscape and they are built out of 1/8" masonite. Not sure but is it possible to sell a inkscape design?

10 Likes

Sure. If the design is simply “drop the files into the glowforge UI and print” then you can sell them as is. If you have to tweak a bunch of things to get them to print, end users that tend to buy such things would probably have issues.

Personally, I would offer them in as many formats as you can to cover the fact that people who own lasers other than glowforges might want to buy them as well.

5 Likes

Great designs, what scale are they designed in?

Beautiful design. If you can find a way to create the patterns and write up instructions they would be a popular product.

2 Likes

Looks great

I love the detail on this one with the leather!

Builds after my own heart… I love prototyping in tempered hardboard, and sometimes in finished products. It looks great in this context!

2 Likes

Inkscape has nothing to do with copyright.

If these are your own designs you need to sell them. They are beyond incredible. I would purchase everyone of those if they were available for sale.

The thing is once you put them for sale somebody else will steal your file and sell it.

1 Like

Those are gorgeous! It’s simple, but the truly fat truck tires make me happy :slight_smile:
The seats on the Scooter too! :heart:

File selling is definitely big business - and yours are complicated enough that when they find their target audience I imagine they’ll be very popular! Go check out @ designvh619’s Etsy - Excited Atom Design by ExcitedAtomDesign on Etsy. His designs are also both complicated and immensely popular!

4 Likes

Those are awesome! You should definitely sell the files – don’t listen to the naysayers, I make some nice spending money on the files I sell, and it’s entirely passive income, which is hard to beat!

6 Likes

Also, if you export them as PDF from Inkscape, you won’t have to worry about the SVG sizing / incompatibility issues. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, please sell the designs! I can’t decide which one is my favorite. I won’t buy simple designs (earrings and such) but something like this is definitely outside of my wheelhouse.

4 Likes