Model Rocket Launch Controller

My first product/projects made on a Glowforge, which I’m loving! Wish I would have had a laser cutter years ago. I was always tired of those cheap $20 model rocket launchers that: 1) Do not look cool and 2) Rarely work. I also didn’t want to pay $500-$2000 for a wireless pro system that can launch 100 rockets at a time, that still doesn’t look cool. So I just had to make my own. :grinning:

I’m now offereing it on etsy at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/819210810/model-rocket-launch-controller

39 Likes

Spectacular

3 Likes

Awesome!!!

3 Likes

Now that looks like a proper rocket launcher! :smile:

3 Likes

Awesome

3 Likes

Fantastic. I love it! Great Job!

3 Likes

Super cool!

2 Likes

Cool!

That should provide much more sense of occasion than the ones I remember:
est302220

side note, I noticed that your controller showed up in the 1st sponsored listing place when I searched google for this image.

5 Likes

That one you remember is still the basic launch controller that is sold today. Only launches a few rockets before draining the AA batteries, and you’re lucky to get a few uses out of it before something it in sorts out. That’s why I had to make my own. :grinning:

1 Like

I remember when Estes first came out with the electric launch system. It was so cool. Before that it was light and run.

4 Likes

You haven’t lived if you haven’t had an errant launch whiz by your ear while running away. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

:smiley: When I was a kid, I started out spending a lot of time building and then launching trying to make sure I could recover all the parts and launch again. After losing enough rockets. I revised my “space program” to make them cheap, put the largest motors that would fit and just let’em fly. I may have actually put a couple of the multi-stagers into orbit. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is Ab Fab! You should definitely bring cards with your Etsy link when you go to use that thing because people will stop to ask “Where did you get that awesome box?”

…and maybe engrave a QR code into the bottom of the boxes you sell for the same reason!

5 Likes

Yea, I’ve lost more than a few rockets with the old “Let’s launch it just ONE more time, but with a bigger engine”. :grinning:

But I still try to retrieve every launch.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea!

As we say in radio control, it’s always the last flight of the day…

6 Likes