Modern Plywood Wine Rack with Glowforge Cameo

Hey everybody!
I just completed a project and video for my YouTube channel. I made a modern, wall-hanging wine rack out of a single sheet of plywood.

But something went wrong. Spoiler: the forstner bit jumped out of one of the holes and chewed up the surface of the last piece of plywood I had not messed up. (This project was a doozy). So, I was able to use the Glowforge like I always envisioned…as part of a larger project or when needed. I like the projects that are just made on the Glowforge, but I also like being able to use the Glowforge to solve a problem.

I printed a ring out of walnut plywood, and put it over the spot that the bit chewed up. I think it turned into a nice design element.

Here’s the video if you want to watch:

And some photos:

17 Likes

Turned out fabulous! Love the colored holes (and the sound effects when placing cubes.) :smile:

3 Likes

The first bit of stop motion where it was moving like a snake…my 7 year old son made those noises. It was fun recording that with him. He was really proud. Thanks for the kind words!

3 Likes

Nice project! Looks great!

Creative video as well!

2 Likes

Thank you!

What a nice rack! Even includes the glasses.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Yeah, I made it where you could put 6 large glasses on there. The ones I had on the top row were extra large, red wine glasses.