Modular Sharpie/Pen Caddy

Hello and thank you for replying. I went ahead and used the design as is and although loose, it worked as needed. Thank you kindly but I respectfully withdraw the request. I am trying hard to understand Inkscape well enough to tweak lines, scale, etc. Sorry for the trouble.

Humbly,
William

3 Likes

THANK YOU for sharing your great design. for some reason, between downloading the file, opening it in AI and uploading to GF, the whole scale reduced. I eye-balled enlarging it in GF so the overall layout was the same as what I was seeing in AI, and it miraculously worked. I just assembled this for my daughter for Christmas.

9 Likes

William
Welcome to glowforge forum!
I just wanted to say I’m learning inkscape too. I understand your question.
I hate it when people make rude comments. Ignore him!

That’s rad

Thank you kindly for the welcome. :slight_smile:

This is great but I think I need one for about 450 sharpies… hahahaha… I have a serious pen/pencils/sharpie addiction… here are just a few… .there are many many more

10 Likes

Perfect, stackable, organization. Ahhhhh, heaven. :slight_smile: Thanks so much for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this design. It fits together perfectly. Took me a bit to figure out how to put it together, but when I got it I was like duhhhh…thanks again.

1 Like

Love the design and the fact that it can just constantly be added too!. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

that looks awesome!!

1 Like

This is fantastic! It’ll save me having to store mine upside down all the time, which is a pain when you want to search for a specific colour! Cheers!

2 Likes

What a brilliant design! I made one, put it together easily and then made more racks and as you say, if you keep the orientation consistent, it’s easy to stack them! Brilliant stuff - as a newbie - it gives me confidence when things are this simple! Thanks again!

4 Likes

I’m a newbie and just made your pen caddy. As a crafter I always needed a sharpie holder, to show the color I want to use. Before it’s in a drawer. This makes crafting a lot easier. Thank you for a great laser cut.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I love it.

2 Likes

I just got a large set of paint pens and was not looking forward to trying to design a box for them. Woooohooooo thank you sooooo much and love that they stack instead of the upright types. THANK YOU!!! :0)

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Jan, and I’m a Sharpie addict.

6 Likes

I have had trouble recently with stuff from AI shrinking. I went back to Graphic.

When you save or export the SVG, be sure that the “responsive” option in the settings is unchecked, because that will mess with the scale.

2 Likes

Okay. I don’t recall seeing anything like that because I’m using the AI on iPad, which probably means it’s hidden somewhere. I will look . Thanks!

2 Likes

And you just helped me with a problem I’ve been been having for days so that’s for that as well as the svg file

2 Likes