More Diamond Miniatures

Thanks for that insight and those suggestions, Ann! It’s a good reminder that I’ve been meaning to take some Illustrator courses for just the reasons you’re mentioning. Being self taught, I feel like I use it fluently-- but I use the parts I’m aware of and have taught myself, with so many more parts unlocked! I might have at one point used the smoother-- but it didn’t stick, clearly, as I didn’t think about it for this purpose. I’ll explore! I work between an iPad with Apple Pencil and Illustrator et al on desktop. I do like drawing “by hand” in this way initially. I’ll explore the smoother! :slight_smile

1 Like

I will Ann thank you!
How do you round off the edges of the Mat board after cutting? I have cut awesome snap-out animals for my grandson out of it and it cuts so great!
I have even laser cut out furniture for my doll house and it’s great!
We are expecting our 4th great granddaughter with 19 grand kids so we both know what a blessing it is to be a granny! Thank you again, Donna

Have you tried the “B-spline” drawing tool? It makes getting smooth curves much easier and it’s my go to for tracing things. (I’m just assuming AI has a B-spline though.)

1 Like

I have been looking for your website. What is it’s name?

www.Etsy.com/shop/DiamondMiniatures :blush:

1 Like

You might want to play the Bezier game … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No - sadly, Illustrator does not - though CorelDraw does…

1 Like

Au contraire - Illustrator’s has the Curvature tool.

Thank You! I need to play that game.

1 Like

Ah! Thank you - I’m learning. I didn’t know that b-splines were in fact Bezier curves, I was a mathematician in my youth but don’t recall them being called that then.

1 Like

Bezier is just a simplified form of B-spline.

Mathematically different, virtually no difference in a graphic design application.

1 Like

Software update— have you seen the new Illustrator iPad app? It’s an adapted version of Illustrator and is awesome! It resembles the desktop version more than Adobe Draw and Fresco apps, and has exactly the drawing features I’ve been long looking for on an app I can use with Apple Pencil— specifically on drawing and adjusting lines and curves… bonus that it has some mirroring/repeating tools that make drawing the often symmetric structures I’m doing much easier! I’m thrilled so far!

1 Like