More engraved photos

I have been having such a wonderful time practicing photo engraving and getting a feel for what I like. My clients have been loving them too :slight_smile:

41 Likes

That Bulldog…

2 Likes

You really have this down and again thanks for your walk throughs.

1 Like

no problem! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Impressed! this is definitely something I want to do…

1 Like

The boxer is my favorite. How did you get the white color lighter than the background wood color? You are doing some outstanding engravings. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you :). It still seems to engrave the over exposed white areas just a teeny tiny bit and seems to make it white. Trying to make it work with white areas on the pups. :). But it doesn’t work with the protective tape over the material though.

3 Likes

What kind of settings are you using? Are you photo shopping things to be really bright? I ask because my own photo engrave didn’t turn out as well as I hoped.

yeah i over did the sharpening, brightness, and contrast. I have a step by step of what i did in the comments here on my first photo engrave :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Beautiful pups! :grinning:

2 Likes

yeah. The are all very good clients of ours. I love them all so much :dog2::heartpulse:

2 Likes

Wonderful!

1 Like

What great photos!!!

1 Like

Really outstanding!

1 Like

In my experience, the white color is a result of the laser at very low power engraving fringe detail. If you look around the edges of this fishy for example you will see the white almost highlights. It seems like the wood gets a bleached effect prior to darkening at higher power.

9 Likes

Yes, I see it, especially in the top fin. Beautiful engraving. :grinning:

2 Likes